To present ourselves
Euroclear is Europe’s leading provider of financial market infrastructure services, with unparalleled experience in multi-asset class settlement, asset servicing and safekeeping. It is also one of the world’s leading International Central Security Depositaries. As of mid-2018, Euroclear holds assets valued at €28.6 trillion, a record high. The total value of securities transactions settled on an annual basis by the Euroclear group is over €733 trillion per annum and continues to rise.
Euroclear recruits people from all walks of life. Our 4,000 employees represent 89 nationalities, of which over 50% are women. We are deeply convinced that diversity of talents, backgrounds and opinions is a key to success, by fostering engagement, energy and innovation. We are committed to promoting diversity within the organisation, as well as an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, feels valued and respected, regardless of their background.
• Provide application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
• Develop program logic for new applications or analyses and modifies logic in existing applications.
• Code, test, debug, document, implement, and maintain software applications.
• Analyse requirements, and maintain, test and integrate application components.
• Conduct design, programming, and maintenance activities, with available help and guidance particularly on complex analysis.
• Carry out application maintenance and enhancements. Capable of operating autonomously and without close supervision on many programming and maintenance activities.
• Assist Application Designers by information gathering and performing analysis about existing software applications.
• Undertake allocated programming and testing tasks, typically at the unit level, working within a team. May undertake application or system design activities with the support and control of more experienced colleagues.
• Require the capacity to understand specific client needs or technical requirements to apply well-developed skills or knowledge. Liaise with client to understand system requirements and existing business process.
• May supervise the work of other more junior members in the team, including offshoring partners.
• Supports the testing teams (problem analysis and bug fixing) during the testing phases of projects.
• Supports application software running in production by fixing problems and making enhancements.
• Typically, codes, tests, debugs and implements complex or critical software applications.
• Typically implements (i.e. analyses, codes, tests and debugs) complex or critical software applications
Euroclear SA/NV has defined an ambitious Group Strategy based on the following pillars:
• Transformation of the core business of settlement services and collateral management through smart process automation, analytics, and value-added web-based user interface.
• Geographical extension in emerging markets as well as partnerships in North America.
• Setting up of a new Business line (i.e. Euroclear Information Services) aiming at monetizing the wealth of data acquired by Euroclear through its operations.
• Improving operational excellence leveraging new technologies to gain in efficiency and scalability.
Euroclear SA/NV delivers the IT services to realise the above ambitions for the group. The IT strategy to realise the groups ambitions requires amongst others:
• A rapid transformation of its IT towards Agile Software Development, DevOps, and Cloud.
• A collaborative platform managed jointly by Business and IT focused on driving innovation with staff and clients and delivering new digital products/services.
• Adopting new technologies to bring new business capabilities and to make the Euroclear operations more efficient and scalable.
• Rationalising and modernising the IT landscape to reduce the TCO of our applications and to free up investment capacity.
By joining the Group Business Solutions division, you will be joining a team that is at the heart of the above transformation.
The division executes and contributes to the creation of the strategic directions for the IT assets that services Euroclear Bank, ESES, EUI and the corporate divisions in collaboration with the stakeholders such as the Management of the bank, product management, business, and IT architecture.
The team owns, maintains, and develops the IT assets for Euroclear Bank, ESES, EUI and the corporate functions.
• You have a bachelor or master’s degree in computer sciences or related field.
• You are used to analyse applications and to learn and work on complex systems.
• You have a good algorithmic thinking skill. .
• You are self-motivated, autonomous, problem oriented and able to make high-quality solutions considering the available means.
• You can work and establish good working relations in a dynamic, multi-cultural and challenging environment. (experience with offshore delivery is a plus)
• You are flexible, pro-active, structured and have excellent communication skills.
• You have an excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus.
• You are looking for a varied and challenging job that lets you fulfil your sense of responsibility and accountability.
• You are interested in the business services delivered by a leading market infrastructure.
We offer an excellent opportunity to join an organization in Transformation and be part of that change with many possibilities to grow and develop yourself. You will develop your talents dealing with multi-domains and getting involved in some of the most strategic files for the company.