Division : CISO
As a global critical financial infrastructure, the protection of Euroclear information and assets is fundamental to the company’s business. Security is at the core of our services, firmly embedded in the management systems and processes of the company. You will be joining our CISO division in charge of putting in place the required controls to adequately and effectively protect our information assets.
Our part of the deal
Due to the central position of Euroclear in the financial industry and the growing regulatory pressure, risks and controls are at the core of our business and day-to-day activities. We offer you a key position providing you with the opportunity to develop leadership skills as well as core competencies in the domain of risks and controls.
You will join a stimulating international team supporting all Euroclear group entities, allowing you to grow your understanding and develop transversal knowledge of IT and business services across the group.
You will play an active role in developing the new Continuous Compliance Assurance Testing team.
You will develop a network at various levels of the organization through field work, cross-divisional collaboration and contacts with senior people in the company, both in IT and with Risk Management and Audit. This will bring you exciting career evolution opportunities in the first, second or third line of defence.
Your part of the deal
Within the Continuous Compliance Assurance Testing team, you will take end-to-end responsibility of the assurance activities for an IT or Security domain. You will act as an assurance partner to IT and security teams, advising and challenging them on the quality and maturity of their control environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Develop and maintain the assurance plan for your domain
• Lead assurance assessments, with possible contribution from assurance analysts, and perform control testing on complex areas
• Report to senior stakeholders the assessment results (control design adequacy, operating effectiveness and recommendations)
• Assist in the monitoring and reporting on the progress of remediation actions resulting from assessments.
In addition, you will:
• Lead maturity improvement initiatives within the Continuous Compliance Assurance Testing team (e.g. control testing automation)
• Contribute to increase the risk culture and awareness in IT and embed the IT control framework in the full IT organization (1500 people).
• University degree or equivalent experience (education in computer science or engineering is a plus)
• Fluent knowledge of English (verbal, writing, presentation). French and/or Dutch is a plus
• Process-minded and good knowledge of the key IT & information security related frameworks such as COBIT, ITIL, NIST, CIS…
• First experience in a governance, risk and control position (or in compliance, audit…)
• Certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, or CRISC are an asset
• Field experience in IT and/or information security within a large or complex organisation
• Critical mind-set and ability to challenge and influence middle management and IT professionals
• Strong risk mind-set: you seek a culture of excellence
• Strong leadership and communication skills, both in the field, in the team or with management: you are a keen team player and coordinate work among people from different areas or divisions. A good relationship builder with strong diplomacy skills
• You are a highly motivated self-starter and quick learner and you are able to work proactively in an exciting environment with challenging priorities
• Strong analytical and risk assessment skills. You know how to break down complex risk situations into manageable pieces and to address logical links and dependencies. You can distinguish essential information and summarise it accordingly. You see how information is linked and you recognise common patterns in elements that seem unrelated at first
Euroclear recruits people from all walks of life. Our 3,500 employees represent 89 nationalities, of which over 50% are women. We are deeply convinced that diversity of talents, backgrounds and opinions is a key to success, by fostering engagement, energy and innovation. We are committed to promoting diversity within the organisation, as well as an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, feels valued and respected, regardless of their background.