Robert Half is currently recruiting an Allround IT System Engineer for a tanker company in Antwerp.
Our client is the world's largest, independent quoted crude tanker platform and is headquartered in Antwerp, Belgium, and has offices throughout Europe and Asia.
The scope of responsibilities for this job include:
- Provide 2nd line support to users in shore based offices remotely and through physical attendance, possibly abroad;
- Proactively monitor and report on services provided to users;
- Oversee the administration and documentation of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD;
- Work actively on and implement all infrastructure projects, driven by innovation and digital transformation projects;
- Management reporting within your IT infrastructure responsibilities;
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, backup and other application servers, with their associated operating systems and software;
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems, Siem/Soc and Cloud D/R site;
- Attend to IT security and backup issues; to maintain utmost confidentiality of data at all times;
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on;
- Perform scheduled maintenance and ad hoc repairs to LAN network in the office;
- Asses, plan and coordinate installation and updates of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization's network;
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure;
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts;
- Liaise with third party software vendors on support, development issues and research new technologies;
- Adhere to IT procedures based on SOx regulations.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- Bachelor level - a degree in IT, a related field or equivalent experience;
- Min. 5 years of experience and specialization in an allround IT position;
- Experience in maritime industry experience and knowledge is an extra asset;
- Other qualifications: ITIL, COBIT & NIST are considered a plus;
- Languages: Fluent in Dutch and English, other European languages are an asset.
What does the company offer?
- A unique opportunity to contribute to the digital future of this ambitious global company;
- A very challenging, international environment that offers you unlimited opportunities;
- You will receive a complete and extensive salary package with various fringe benefits (company car, fuel card, group and hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers,…)