Who are we
With operations in 47 countries, GEFCO Group is a global leader in industrial supply chain solutions and the European #1 in automotive logistics. We are proud of our 70+ years of heritage and the expertise of our 11,500 employees around the world.
Our corporate culture is based on building Infinite Proximity in our relationships with all our employees and partners. That takes talent. We recruit the best to help us rise to our customers’ most demanding supply chain challenges. And to keep driving our business forward, we are committed to helping our employees develop the skills they need to thrive.
Teamwork and shared values make us stronger. We are agile, caring, cooperative, trustworthy, and courageous. Together, we go further.
We are Partners, Unlimited.
We are looking for
A Deep-sea Transport and Customs Officer for a 11 months fixed-term contract – The position will be based in Zeebrugge or Antwerp.
Mission and Brief of duties
- Management of international sea transport of vehicles for major export countries.
- Monitoring of different traffic from the approach to the port, to the reception and then the shipment, both at the operational, IT and documentary level, and this in relation to the various actors in the supply chain.
- Control and monitoring of customs and shipping documents
- Control of the deadlines and capacity set up in relation to the head office and the carriers
- Guarantee of flow performance from an internal and external point of view
- Monitoring of approaches to ports of loading in Belgium and the Netherlands for vehicles for major export destinations;
- Validation of the volumes to be shipped according to customer requests;
- Booking of spaces with carriers;
- Validation of the shipping of goods from the territory at each boarding on the CCS used at the ports;
- Consistency and compliance check between GEFCO's IT system and the customer's;
- Confirmation of boarding and follow-up of maritime transport documents;
- Invoice registration;
- Management of import spot files at both operational and customs level;
- Management of possible damages in relation to the damage service;
- Maintain a privileged relationship with the end customer;
- Ensure the updating of the computer system in real time;
- Ensure the reliability of the recorded information;
- Set up means of controlling the activity;
- Classification of export documents for goods to ensure shipment;
- Ensure compliance with the movement of goods in accordance with the customs regime in force.
Our successful candidate will ideally have the following skills
- You are organized, available, autonomous and rigorous in your work
- You have good priority management skills
- You have communication skills and team spirit
- Dutch is your mother tongue
- You are Fluent in English
- Knowledge of French is an advantage
- You have a very good knowledge of Microsoft Office and you are eager to learn our internal IT systems
- You are able to adapt and comply with the requirements
- Quality and customer satisfaction are at the center of your attention
- Versatility, pressure resistance and reactivity are part of your qualities
- You have a driving license
- Knowledge of E-Balie, Incoterms and customs procedures is an advantage